CES 2014 was filled with excitement, not only for the mind-blowing new technologies center stage this year, but also for the celebrities that kept joining them throughout the event. The loti in Vegas tried their best to be cool while spotting and meeting these celebrities. At our office, the rest of us were trying to be cool that it wasn’t us meeting these celebrities and failing.
Believe it or not, the list of stars at CES is rather long. The complete roster of celebrities contains a random variety of stars ranging from Olivia Munn to Reading Rainbow’s LeVar Burton.
Here is our list of some of the famous faces the loti personally spotted at the awesome tech event:
• Actor, comedian, rapper and radio/TV personality Nick Cannon hosted Monster’s 2014 Retail Awards
• Legendary rock band Fleetwood Mac headlined the Monster 2014 Retail Awards with a 90-minute set including all their greatest hits from their 1976 “Rumours” album. Funny to hear front woman Stevie Nicks sing, “I’ve been afraid of changing…” in the middle of a consumer-tech show exhibiting products that will change our lives…
• 2011’s The Voice winner Javier Colon performed at Monster’s awards show with his soothing “acoustic soul” music.
• Ten-time Grammy Award-winning musician and singer-songwriter George Benson was in attendance of Monster’s awards show.
• Shaquille O’Neal was at the show too. We truly feel bad for the people who were standing behind him…
• Ralph Lauren Polo model Tyson Beckford was in attendance of the Retail Awards as well.
• Remember TLC? Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins, one-third of the R&B/hip-hop group, was also spotted by the team at Monster’s 2014 Retail Awards.
• 50 Cent turned heads as he passed the Audio-Technica booth on his way to the SMS Audio booth to promote his headphones, SMS by 50.
• Finally, John Legend. The nine-time Grammy winner performed for Polk Audio at CES 2014. loti Kara was lucky enough to meet and snap a picture with him!
It really was so cool to find celebrities from such a wide range of talents in attendance at CES 2014 promoting various products and technologies. The dramatic celeb turnout really demonstrates how deeply tech has impacted pop culture as it continues to surprise and revolutionize the world we all live in.
Which tech-savvy celebrity do you think was missing from the attendance list of CES 2014? We’d love to hear from you in the comments!