For those who want to grow their businesses and reach out to a wider audience, Google Display ads are a great solution. With a collection of over 200 million sites, apps, and videos where Google ads can appear and a network reaching 90% of global internet users, Google Display ads provide an opportunity for businesses to increase their brand awareness and identify new consumers, hence why Display ads are becoming increasingly popular for brands to implement in their advertising efforts.
What Are Google Display Ads?
Google Display ads are advertisements that are featured throughout articles as consumers browse online. Through this, a brand/company can introduce itself to a specific target audience who is likely to be interested in its products or services, further growing the brand and amplifying awareness with new audiences. Google Display ads help to build a valuable, recognizable brand and help to keep that brand at the top of your prospects’ minds.
How to Target the Right Audience
As the goal of Display ads is to share your business with a new audience, we recommend targeting prospects on the internet that may have no previous knowledge of your website, brand, products, or services. This opens the door to new consumers seeing, and engaging with your Display ad, creating new potential growth opportunities within the business.
You can also remarket your Google Display ads to users who have engaged with your website in some form to leverage the audiences you find through Google Analytics.
Types of Google Display Network Audience Targeting
- In-Market Segment Targeting: In-market segments are Google users interested in broad categories of products and services based on users’ historical views, clicks, and conversions on previous content.
- Affinity Audience Targeting: Like in-market segments, affinity audiences are Google users with similar interests, including cooking, fashion, gaming, travel, and more.
- Custom Intent Audiences: Custom intent audiences are a contextual targeting method that allows Google to show your ads to users who are “likely to be interested” in specific keywords and website URLs.
- Placement Targeting: With placement targeting, Google can show your ads on specific websites when provided with placement URLs, offering tighter, more controlled targeting as it limits display ad placements to custom websites selected by the marketer.
- Topic Targeting: Topic targeting allows Google to show your ads on web pages only about your specific topic and serves as an alternative to researching and selecting website placements for one interest without knowing the impact of those placements.
Google Display Ads Benefits
There are many benefits to implementing Google Display ads for your brand to aid in its growth. From audience to options and competition, we’ve shared some of the key benefits to know when considering Google Display ads below:
- Competition: There is less competition for inflated keyword bids, so you are more likely to reach users actively searching for your products and services
- Cost: The cost-per-click is lower on average than other ad opportunities and typically results in higher impressions per ad.
- Targeting + Customization: Through the Google Display Network, you can target websites by audience affinities, in-market segments, and custom intent keywords, fully customizing each ad target to ensure you are reaching the right audiences.
With this intro into Google Display ads, take the next step and look into how implementing these ads can benefit your business! To learn more about Display ads or for help getting started with advertising on Google, contact us for more information.