Is your business looking to expand its marketing and advertising efforts? Social media has grown into a powerful tool that advertisers can use to target and reach new customers. Facebook, one of the largest social media platforms, offers advertisers a variety of different advertising options and has its own unique advantages. Before diving into your advertising strategy, learn more about the different campaigns you can run on Facebook and how to optimize your campaigns.
Understanding the Different Advertising Opportunities
Before launching any advertisements on Facebook, it is important to understand the different advertising campaigns Facebook provides and choose the best option for your business goal. Outlined below are the different types of campaigns Facebook offers.
- Awareness campaigns are great for those looking to increase reach, brand awareness, and video views.
- Website Traffic campaigns are recommended for goals like link clicks and landing page views.
- Engagement campaigns are perfect for video views and posts that encourage interaction among users like:
- Page Likes – This is geared toward getting people to like your business’s Facebook page.
- Event Responses – This is a great campaign if you have a brick and mortar store and want to promote an in-store event or if you’re holding a special event for your online store.
- Leads campaigns are ideal for users wanting to gather information by using Instant Forms, Messages, Calls, Signs ups, etc.
- App Promotion campaigns are used to target users for app installs or app events.
- Conversions campaigns drive users to make a purchase.
3 Best Practices for Running Facebook Ads
When launching an advertisement on Facebook, there are a few important practices to keep in mind to ensure your advertisements are optimized.
Write Engaging, Yet Urgent Copy
You only have a few moments to catch the attention of a potential customer. That’s why it is so important to write a copy that is engaging, urgent, and has a clear call to action. What action are you hoping your customer will take after seeing your ad? Does your copy evoke some sort of emotion in your potential customer? These are questions that should be asked when drafting your ad. Be sure to take a look at previous ads or social media posts that were well-received by your target audience and use those posts as a starting point.
Test Multiple Versions of an Ad
To ensure the best possible results, it is recommended that you create 3-5 different versions of an advertisement. This means swapping out a different call to action, images, videos, or headlines to see which combination resonates the best with your followers. After launching your ads, continue to monitor their performance and pause any ads that are not performing well and put more budget behind those that are. This is also the perfect time to experiment with placements, bid strategies, and placements.
Retarget to Engaged Audiences and Explore Audience Insights
Does your company utilize a data source that provides insight into your customers? Whether that’s a client list from your ecommerce site or customer relationship management (CRM) tool or people who have visited your site, these insights will be helpful when creating your target audience. Also, remember to target users who follow your brand’s Facebook or Instagram page and have previously engaged with your content.
Advertising correctly on Facebook can help your brand get in front of the right people leading to more engagement awareness, and new customers. Is your brand looking to take advantage of Facebook’s advertising options? Our team is here to help. Get in touch with us today!