Amazon’s Prime Day 48-hour sales event is the company’s largest sale of the year. During last year’s event, Amazon Prime members purchased more than 300 million items worldwide while saving over $1.7 billion. With no official date announced yet, Amazon Prime Day feels close as we are nearing summer. Here is everything you need to know to prepare your brand and your shopping list.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day first took place in July 2015 to celebrate the company’s 20-year anniversary and has been recurring every year since. The company’s goal was to offer a volume of deals greater than Black Friday, exclusively for Prime members. What started as a 24-hour savings birthday celebration has now turned into an annual 48-hour summer savings event.
How to Stay Updated on All of the Deals
Discounts are made available to Amazon Prime Members only. If you are not a Prime Member but wish to partake in this year’s savings, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial period. Once a member, in the days leading up to the event be sure to set deal alert notifications. This will give you notice of any available deals related to your recent searches and recently viewed items. Alexa will also be able to assist you in finding savings. Alexa can notify you up to 24 hours before a deal becomes available for an item added to your wish list, shopping cart, or saved for later. Amazon also suggests looking for the small business badge to support small businesses, support your favorite charity using AmazonSmile, follow influencers for savings, and more tips!
How to Prepare Your Brand
- Prepare Ad Budget
- With heavier amounts of traffic on the website during the event, it is critical to increase your pay-per-click (PPC) advertising budget. Otherwise, if you spend the entirety of your budget during the first few hours of the event, you could be missing out on increasing your sales and giving an upper hand to your competitors. Increase your budget accordingly for maximum visibility.
- Optimize Product Listings
- During all times of the year, it is important that your Product Detail Page is optimized. Layout your product features and utilize videos and images to highlight key elements and show visitors how the products should be used.
- Create a Prime Day Version of Your StoreFront
- Revamping your website and storefront for special occasions is always a good idea. During Prime Day consumers will be looking for deals and quick. Add a page to your storefront using the featured Deal Widget, where visitors can quickly find your offerings and feature your most popular products on your homepage. Be sure to make these changes at least a week before the event as changes to your storefront require moderation.
- Advertise Your Sales Through Other Channels
- Run ads for Prime Day on other platforms doing so gives your loyal customers first insight into your deals and helps generate sales through other avenues. Sellers can also earn a 10% bonus of the sales price generated by non-Amazon marketing efforts through Amazon’s Brand Referral Bonus. This bonus will be used as a credit to deduct referral fees on future transactions.
- Contact Us for a Free Amazon Audit!
- If you are looking for advice from marketing experts to increase brand awareness and sales on Amazon, the lotus823 team is offering free Amazon audits leading up to Prime Day. lotus823 helps consumer tech, home, and lifestyle brands gain visibility, drive relevant traffic, and increase sales through our marketing strategies. Simply send an email our way and our team will get to work reviewing your brand’s Amazon profile and you will receive your audit within a week.