From 2018-2019, lotus823 assisted TEDxAsburyPark with public relations, social media marketing, website maintenance and improvements, and overall brand consultation for the 2019 event, Chaos, in an effort to drive event awareness and ticket sales.
lotus823’s key goals included:
- Driving consumer media exposure through public relations efforts.
- Amplifying public relations efforts through TEDxAsburyPark’s social networks.
- Increasing potential sponsors’ revenue and participation interest via the enhancement of sponsor package protocols.
- Aiding in the enhancement of TEDxAsburyPark’s brand identity and voice through recommendations for its social communities to increase engagement levels.
- Improving TEDxAsburyPark’s digital presence and exposure through social media advertisements.
To meet these goals, lotus823 developed a multi-faceted strategy addressing TEDxAsburyPark’s media reputation, social media platforms, and digital marketing activities.
Using targeted Facebook advertisements, lotus823 assisted TEDxAsburyPark in promoting the 2019 event, Chaos, to existing fans and new audiences. The initiatives included launching website traffic and Facebook event advertisements to increase awareness for Chaos and to encourage RSVPs to the event. To further bolster these efforts, lotus823 aided in organic social media consultation, including executing ticket giveaways and other creative concepts, as well as managing Boosted Posts to spread messaging about upcoming speakers.
In addition to the social media activities, lotus823 also developed an extensive media outreach strategy to elevate community knowledge of TEDxAsburyPark’s Chaos-themed May 2019 event through the use of customized media pitching, leveraging media partnerships and strategic collaborations with regional media subsidiaries, such as iHeartRadio, and using press releases to further penetrate all forms of media.
In just under a 12-month period of account management, lotus823 was able to achieve the following:
- Our social media ads resulted in a combined more than 400,000 impressions and drove more than 5,000 website visits and 1,100 event responses.
- Overall website traffic increased by more than 20% year-over-year (YOY), with increases in organic, referral, and social media traffic.
- Secured coverage for TEDxAsburyPark in the New Jersey Patch, The Coaster, and New Jersey Stage, while sponsorships were placed on various iHeartRadio broadcasts, websites, e-blasts, and in-app ads, with a combined potential reach of more than 15,800,000.